Field is a small restaurant, bar, and bottle shop on 6th Ave in Tacoma. At the root of our structure is the belief in working towards sustainability in our food, beverage, and in our treatment of all humans, first and foremost our employees. We pay well, believe in a healthy work/life balance, and are always working to improve to support our people.
We believe that natural wine and local food systems are not a trend, rather a vital process of honoring others, the earth, and what it naturally produces. We believe that nurturing relationships with our farmers, our guests, and each other is the most foundational aspect of this business.
We are looking for a passionate human to join our very small kitchen team along with our chef, sous chef, and pastry chef. This position will include prep, working on the line at least one night per week, collaborating on our constantly changing menu, and dishwashing. These roles may actively change and flex as we continue to grow, and we will always check-in and communicate about our hopes and dreams and we ask that you do the same.
- Enthusiasm in seasonal, local ingredients and sustainable food systems.
- Positivity and kindness.
- Knife skills and love for adventurous flavors.
- The desire and ability to learn with grace and to teach with humility.
- All the other mundane stuff, lifting things over your head, blah blah blah
Pay and such:
- This position starts with a 60-day probationary period, where you assess us and we assess you to ensure that we’re all a good fit for each other.
- Pay within this period is $25 per hour, which will be renegotiated at the end of the probationary period assuming we all choose to keep hanging with each other.
- The average work week will be ~20 hours per week to start, with room to expand potentially depending on availability, interest, and drive.
- We’re new, and we’re in the process of creating a benefits program for our full-time employees. We’ll explain more as we continue to move towards this and we’re happy to discuss it in detail with you.
Interested? Send a resume and a little blurb about who you are and what you're into over to Howdy(at)FieldTacoma.com